Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Friendship Bread Goldmine

Have you ever gotten friendship bread or a friendship bread starter?
If not it's kind of like sourdough bread where you have a starter and you can keep refreshing it and using it and giving (and possibly annoying) all of your neighbors. 
I did once.  The bread was quite good but I wasn't sure it if it was sooo much better than regular sweet bread and you had to babysit for ten days before you could make it.
Plus I had to find three friends who wanted to take the starter after it had mulitiplied.  So the next time I was asked I said no.
Then I read the book, "Friendship Bread" which I loved.  And I learned that you can make tons of variations on the original.
So, I just thought I would share this site with you in case you were ever offered some friendship bread starter.  The possibilities are endless!

Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment