Saturday, April 16, 2011

Apple Cake

My sister in law made this and had me try it. It was SOOO yummy! So, I snagged the recipe from her...but when I made it, it wasn't as amazing as hers. So, if you try it, let me know what you think. 


Apple Cake
1/2 c soft butter
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 can apple pie filling
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c sour cream
1 egg


Combine butter and cake mix. Pat mixture in 13x9 pan. Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.
Arrange apples.
Mix sugar & cinnamon.
Sprinkle over apples.
Blend sour cream and egg.
Drizzle over apples.
Bake 25 minutes.
DO NOT OVERCOOK! 

 Here are my tips on the cake: 
I made the crust too crusty...with the butter and cake mix, I melted the butter, but next time I won't, I'll just set it out all day and let it get soft. Mix the soft butter in really really good with the cake mix. Also, I pushed the cake/crust too hard into the pan. Next time, I'll just lightly pat it down so the moisture can seep into it more. Other than that it turned out really good, the non-crust stuff was super yummy...kind of custard-y.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment