Monday, May 9, 2011

Cilantro Lime Mango Chicken

I had a lot of limes on hand (love limes!) and mangoes were on sale so I searched for a recipe where I could use them with chicken. I found this on allrecipes.com and gave it a try with a few adjustments.
I used an anaheim pepper instead of jalapeno because it was cheaper and fresher at the store
I took regular chicken breast and just sliced them kind of thin
I baked the chicken slices in the oven
I did not add the grilled vegetables
We made it into a wrap with a little bit of rice and rolled into a warmed tortilla.

Yummy and very pretty. Would be a great summer supper.

1 comment:

  1. I made the cilantro Lime Mango Chicken last night for dinner and it was a huge success! I made a few adjustments to suit our family and what I had in the fridge. First, I used 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts and marinated them whole in the marinade. I only had 2 limes so I didn't try to measure the amount of lime zest, just zested the 2 limes and squeezed some lime juice into the marinade, also used closer to 1/2 cup cilantro (love that herb!) and added more olive oil. I let the chicken marinade for a couple of hours and then grilled the chicken breasts. I sliced the chicken breasts on the diagonal into thick slices and put them on a platter. I made the salsa as directed and added the mangoes (thick chunks) to the salsa and spooned the salsa over the chicken slices. Made a big pot of coconut rice as a side dish, a tropical fruit salad and homemade tortilla chips to round out the meal(we had tacos a few nights ago and I had a stack of corn tortillas in the fridge). This fed a family of 6 and everyone loved it. And as Sherry said, the colors of this dish are beautiful. I will definately make this again

    ReplyDelete