Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stacked Enchilada's

This recipe is super easy and delicious! It's a must try! My husband and kids gobbled it up! I got the recipe from my old collage roommates bakery blog designerbakery.blogspot.com ! 5 stars in my book!

Stacked Enchilada's

This sauce is very watery, its a thin sauce. That's a good thing because the sauce runs all over your plate, so good. I usually double the recipe if I'm making it for five or more people. You don't want to run out of the sauce.

For sauce, in a pot:
Saute 1 yellow onion
Add:
2-8 oz cans tomato sauce
2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
2 tsp sugar
1 Tbs chili powder
3 cups water

Fry up 1 lb hamburger with onion flakes. Warm up corn or flour tortilla's (whatever kind you like the best) the actually recipe calls for corn but I like flour best! Then onto assembly!

To Assemble:

Put a little sauce on plate, then tortilla, top with hamburger, lettuce, cheese, and sauce. Place another tortilla on top and repeat as many times as you can handle. Usually a 3 stacker is good. Then top with lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes, avocado. These are really filling once they are all stacked up, so be prepared! P.S. I only put the lettuce on top just a personal preference! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment